Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Is blogging that simple?

Blogging..
i wonder who do people blog? i wonder why do i blog?

Some people do it for fun, some do it to waste their time, others just want to be heard. For me blogging is another method we express ourselves, just like singing, dancing and acting. You could say it is a form of art. Well many people may have different opinions about blogging and some may not agree with what i think. SCREW YOU! ITS MY THOUGHT NOT YOURS!

just joking.

Recently, my uni has came out with some guidelines for blogging. WHAT? YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE? eh, chill chill... Due to some blogs that are offensive or maybe criticizing the lecturers, the uni has come up with guidelines to teach us how to blog. Initially i was like " what is this, now you have guidelines and rules on how we want to express ourselves and what we want to write? Its our personal blog not yours." so i didn't even bother to finish reading the whole email that the university sent to all the students.

However i came to realize that there are reasons why the university do these. You see our words are our bond, and man (human i mean) should hold accountable and be responsible to whatever they are saying. Life and death arises from the power of the tongue. The words we speak (or write) could leave an impact to others, either positively or negatively. I started to understand that the university is not trying just to protect other people, but the blogger himself/herself.

Sometimes we don't realize that the things that we say are 'creative'. What i meant was we can create something by just us speaking. Martin Luther King created a change by giving one of the most famous speech, "I have a dream...". Words can stir emotions and gives encouragement and energy to one. However words also can tear down and hurt someone. It can cause destruction too. I am sure terrorist leaders have their famous speeches as well. If not how could one be convinced to take up the job to hijack a plane or strap dynamites to himself/herself? I wouldn't want to surrender my life and blow myself up for no reason.

I dont think there is such thing as "i take back my words" or "i delete this blog entry". I also dont believe in "sticks and stones may break my bone, but words can never hurt me". You can say you are not hurt but you are angry inside without knowing it. As i've said earlier, you never know what your words can create if you just throw it out without much thinking and consideration. That is why the university is setting up guidelines for these people who dont think and vomit out their words through their stomach without passing through the brain. You will still be childish if you don't hold responsibility of what you say and expect your lecturers and parents to clean up after you.

I believe that blogging should be taken seriously as well as we might not know who will read our blog. I dont know about you but words have changed my life and influenced me to make certain decisions in life. However, i still cant decide for you on how you want to speak or blog but your words are your bond.

No comments: