Monday, October 22, 2007

Cute old couple.

Laverne and I would always admire old couples. Whenever we went out dating or having lunch or dinner at coffee shops, our hearts would be melted when we see old couples still together eating and chatting. Different couples have different actions. Some would still be chatting and some wouldn't talk at all and just slowly slurping their "koay teow soup" or their "kopi o". If i wasn't mistaken, there was once i saw an old couple holding hands under the table. wooooo hooo! how sweet!

Today i have an encounter with them again. Just want to blog it for memory sake. This afternoon Greg came over to take something from me. As i was walking back to the lift, i saw the lift door closing. I managed to push the lift button in time and the door reopened. Inside the lift, there was a puzzled old couple wondering what had happened. I giggled in my heart looking at their reaction.

The old man smiled at me and i smiled back. Then i realized that they haven't press the floor number yet. I pressed "5". The old lady says, "fai tit kam yee la, fai tit kam yee la" (faster press 2, faster press 2). hahaha... so cute. by the time they press the lift door already closed (the lift door wont close that fast if you didn't press the close button, if you get what i mean). I was abit worried there that if they press too late the lift will go up to my floor first.

Very strong smell of ointment in the lift which reminds me about my grandma. Finally the lift reached 2nd floor. The old man pressed the close button. Both of them panicked. Then i realized the old lady is holding a walking stick and she walks very slowly. The old man quickly pressed the open button and let his wife out first. What a gentleman! The old man then turned around and smiled at me indicating to me to hold the lift door. I quickly held the open button and look at the old man walking slowly out. He then turn around again and wave to me. I waved back and gave him a smile. hahahahha... I felt happy just looking at them. On my way up to my floor i was thinking how to blog this. ;)


*disclaimer: Picture for illustration purposes only. Not the ones i mentioned; they are chinese.

1 comment:

colesantosjr said...

Hi! I would like to know if i can use your posted photos of two seniors walking hand in hand? I wouldlike to use it in a brochure. Hope to hear from you soon...

here's my e-mail if you would like to reply:colesantosjr@gmail.com

Thanks..