Friday, October 31, 2008

Itu Ah Moi..

This morning I woke up early, sent Laverne to work and then went to Alison Coffee Shop in Sri Petaling for breakfast.

Yes, I was eating alone, enjoying my coffee and eating my Hakka mee when I overheard the conversation at the next table.

It was a breakfast session between a Chinese boss with his Malay workers. He told his workers, "Itu tepi sana, itu church ah.. You pergi-lah." (Next door, there is a church. You go-lah). When he talked about church, it caught my attention. So I decided to listen further.

"Itu sana ada satu Ah Moi... Itu Ah Moi ada angkat itu bayi." (There is a lady, and she's carrying a baby) I was thinking hard on what he is trying to tell his workers.

Suddenly it struck me. Since when Mother Mary became Ah Moi???

=.="

3 comments:

aehknum said...

LOL!!!

kienz said...

My goodness, and I thought he was kinda asking them to go kidnap or something =_=

Careen Tan said...

omgosh..this is funny!